Next-gen browser and mobile automation test framework for Node.js.
Refer to official documentation for detailed usage. →
Testing your application will require interacting with UI elements. Best practice for selecting elements in your tests is with special attributes for testing.
- Add test attributes to elements of your UI.
- Now these elements can be selected in tests with
- Don't forget to visit the page before each test.
url parameter starts with
/, the base url gets prepended, not including the path portion of your baseUrl. If your
url parameter starts without a scheme or
some/path), the base url gets prepended directly.
- Add a command to run tests.
- Start your project in dev mode
- Run tests with
WebdriverIO test directory is placed in the root of the project.
- Don't forget to exclude WebdriveIO from main
All this work will be handled automatically by CLI, so you don’t need to do anything extra as long as you choose WebdriverIO plugin during the project creation phase.
If you didn't choose the plugin during project creation phase, you can follow the instructions below to add it.
- Generate configuration file